Join the TRF Team
Producing the second largest festival in Indiana takes time and talented people to pull off each year. While the festival relies on the dedicated hard work of hundreds of volunteers each year, the festival does have four paid employees. From time to time, one of these positions open and the festival looks to fill the position with a energetic, hard working, organized, team oriented, self-starter who can add their talent, creativity, and experience to the TRF team. If you feel you fit the bill, please apply for one of our open positions!
CLASSIFICATION: Exempt, Full-Time
REPORTS TO: Board of Directors
SUPERVISES: Office Administration Staff (2)
SALARY RANGE: Salary will be commensurate with experience.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
Under the supervision of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director provides strategic direction and leadership of the Three Rivers Festival, ensuring effective management, fundraising initiates, and operations that advance the organization’s mission and goals.
1. Responsible for ensuring that the planning, organizing, directing, and staffing of the
organization’s programs and services are properly executed.
2. Serve as spokesperson for the Three Rivers Festival; overseeing communications for print,
digital, radio, and TV mediums.
3. Create and manage contracts, sponsorships, and other revenue generating initiatives;
maintaining existing streams of revenue and developing new sources to include corporate
sponsorship and grant writing.
4. Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with community, state, and city leaders.
Ensuring compliance with regulatory, governmental, and licensing entities is satisfied.
5. Set clear direction and expectations for staff, foster a high-performing team culture and
ensure that the organization has the capacity it needs to deliver on plans.
6. Develop the annual budget, in collaboration with the Treasurer and event committees;
oversee management of financial/accounting operations, and ensure appropriate controls and
use of funds.
7. Drafts, recommends, and monitors strategic planning efforts, in collaboration with the Board
and other stakeholders.
8. Reports regularly to the Board of Directors, support Board and committee development and
operations, and perform other duties as assigned by the Board.
1. An Associate Degree in Business, Public Relations, Marketing, Event Planning, or related field.
2. Five years of successful business, non-profit and/or festival experience, with 2-4 years of
supervisory experience preferred.
3. Demonstrate excellence in organizational, managerial and administrative skills.
4. Demonstrate leadership with strategic planning, policy and budget.
5. Demonstrate expertise in financial development, to include grant writing.
6. Strong communication skills including ability to write and speak persuasively.
7. Proficient in the use of computer technology.
8. Ability to travel and have a valid driver’s license.
Please submit cover letter and resume by: Friday May 21st, 2021.
Send your application as a PDF via email to president@ThreeRiversFestival.org, attention:
Executive Director Search Committee.