2016 Applications now being accepted. Come down to the Festival and apply at the end of Junk Food Alley.
Want to be a part in one of the largest summer festival in Indiana? Become a Three Rivers Festival volunteer! Our Volunteers get:
- Behind the scene access
- Fun Three Rivers Festival gear
- Complimentary beverage tickets
- A chance to make new friends
- Discounted concert ticket
- The opportunity to put a smile on someone’s face
- Personal invite to the volunteer appreciation party thanks in part to:
Volunteering with the Three Rivers Festival is a fun and engaging way for your organization to help out the community. Members of your group, company or organization will work together, promoting collaboration and elevating pride. Great opportunities for groups include manning the information booth, manning parking lots, volunteering in our front office during festival, or help cleaning our Junk Food Alley.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to find the right opportunity for your group. Experience the Three Rivers Festival in a whole way by volunteering with us!
Detailed Volunteer Role Descriptions
Art in the Park
- Help with set up and tear down by directing artists to their spaces, customer service, artist hospitality and booth sitting.
- Must be 21 or older. Fill beer cups, serve alcoholic beverages and collect tickets for said beverages. Recognize and report intoxicated patrons to bar captains. Maintain cleanliness of bar area and restock beverages after use. All Bartenders MUST have an Indiana Temporary Bartender Permit (permits paid for by the festival). You cannot accept tips. Great for groups and organizations to work together at the festival.
- Help with registration, set up, bed staging, parking lot entrance, handout water and cold towels to racers.
- Set up and tear down, serve craft beers (with a valid Indiana Alcohol License or Temporary Permit). Please verify if you need or already have a permit. If you do not have a license the festival will pay for a temporary to serve during festival.
- Have a can do attitude and help with set up and tear down of information and vendor booths.
- Information Booth: Greet visitors and assist with answering questions and be able to give directions to activities. Be comfortable communicating over a radio to the event chair and staff.
- Kid’s Fun Run- assist with handing out fruit and water and awards.
Family Fun Day
- Facilitate children’s activities (games, crafts and performances) by assisting and encouraging children’s participation, assist with visitor questions and safety. Help with set up of games and tear down when the event is finished.
Front Gate Greeter
- Greet people entering Festival plaza, help attach wristbands to guests 21 and over, scan tickets, stamp wrists at the exit and cut off wrist bands if leaving plaza. Answer questions and be able to direct people in the right direction. Enthusiasm is a must.
- Make guests feel welcomed and appreciable. This job includes taking care of trash, wiping down tables/chairs, and assisting the guests with questions and/or concerns during their visit. Must be friendly and outgoing and able to work in a loud environment. All Bartenders MUST have an Indiana Temporary Bartender Permit.
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds, good customer service a plus. Selling ice, pop and water to food vendors and all interdepartmental areas. You will need to be able and willing to deliver the product using a hand cart.
- Friendly helpers who assist festival attendees and are able to explain the festival grounds map and have general knowledge of downtown Fort Wayne. Must be comfortable selling festival merchandise and have general math skills.
- Help with set up and tear down of Festival Plaza, Headwaters Park, International Village and Raft Race. Assist with electrical connections, mobile display placement, forklift and scissor lift experience helpful. Lots of variety and physical activity.
Mascot and Helper
- Mascot or helper at various events throughout festival. Mascot must be able to walk and communicate silently through a full bodied costume. Some events will be during hot weather so you must be able to handle heat and communicate with your helper if you need to take a break. Mascots can take a break every 20 minutes. Helper will guide the mascot through crowds and uneven surfaces.
- Assist with general office tasks at the Three Rivers Festival office. Answering phones, filing, copying, sorting, data entry, laminating, selling tickets and greeting office guests.
- Help set up the parade judges stand with tents, tables and chairs.
Set up VIP seating area.
- Parade Pacers: Maintain safe streets by directing floats into their assigned location in the marshalling area. Walk with Parade and ensure floats/entries are keeping pace with parade.
- Must have your own equipment. Use your camera or video to capture the atmosphere of the festival. Certain events have been selected that pictures are a must. Take pictures of people facing forward, no backsides, we want to see people in action and in crowds. The festival will use these photos and clips for marketing and other resources. Please make sure you sign a photo and video release form and submit it to the office prior to festival.
- Help with registration, coordinate rafts in and out of the river. Help monitor the race along the route.
Safety and Security
- Help keeps guests out of restricted areas. Be the eyes and ears for Fort Wayne City Police. Observe and report activities that may need attention by police. Requires a mature, calm and responsible individual. Long periods of standing and walking will be required.
Sign and Banners
- Help hang sponsor banners through out plaza. Must be able to follow a check list and map.
- Must be able to start up a conversation and ask festival attendees to take a survey on their festival experience. Will work in pairs and must be able to walk for a long period of time.
- Assist vendors with load in of merchandise and booth set up. Help vendors with booth sitting if need be. Keep area clean of trash. Help vendors with packing and load out of booth merchandise.
- Greet customers, sell concert tickets and/or drink tickets. Volunteers should have experience handling money, counting change, and experience with using a credit card machine OR willing to learn. Customer service skills, a winning smile and good math skills a plus.
- Are you flexible and willing to help wherever we are in a pinch? The volunteer reserves will be used to relieve other volunteers for breaks, fill in on shortages, run errands and generally help where needed. Must be very flexible, able to take directions and make adjustments quickly. You will be need to be able to pick up trash and wipe off tables, able to hold a temporary serving permit for bartending. Need to be able to lift and carry 20lbs, and have good math skills.
- Help with team check in, judging, time keeping and resetting the tables. You also need to stick around after the contest and help with tear down.
Young at Heart Senior Fest
- Greet visitors, set up and tear down, assist with games, and assist with serving lunch.
Click to sign up online