2017 applications will be available in January!
No volunteers, no Festival! It’s that simple! Without the help of over 700 committed citizens, the Three Rivers Festival would not be the community staple it has become. With over 20 event positions, production of even a portion of the Festival would be impossible without volunteer support.
Our volunteers get:
- Behind the scene access
- Fun Three Rivers Festival gear
- Complimentary beverage tickets
- A chance to make new friends
- Discounted concert ticket
- The opportunity to put a smile on someone’s face
Volunteering with the Three Rivers Festival is a fun and engaging way for your organization to help out the community. Members of your group, company or organization will work together, promoting collaboration and elevating pride. Great opportunities for groups include:
- Manning the information booth
- Manning parking lots
- Volunteering in our front office during festival
- Help cleaning our Junk Food Alley
- Hanging signs and banners
Email email@example.com and we will work with you to find the right opportunity for your group!
Detailed Volunteer Role Descriptions
Art in the Park
- Help with set up and tear down by directing artists to their spaces, customer service, and artist hospitality.
- Help with registration, set up, bed staging, directing parking lot traffic for participants, handout water and cold towels to racers, and tear down of all race items.
- Have a can do attitude and help with set up and tear down of information and vendor booths.
- Information Booth: greet visitors and assist with answering questions and be able to give directions to activities. Be comfortable communicating over a radio to the event chair and staff.
- Kid’s Fun Run: assist with handing out fruit, water and awards.
Family Fun Day
- Facilitate children’s activities ( games, crafts and performances) by assisting and encouraging children participation, assist with visitor questions and safety.
- Help with set up of tables and games before the event.
- Help with tear down of games, tables and cleaning of event site after.
Front Gate Greeter
- Greet people entering Festival plaza.
- Help attach wristbands to guests 21 and over.
- Scan tickets.
- S tamp wrists at the exit and cut off wristbands if leaving plaza.
- Answer questions and be able to direct people in the right direction.
- Enthusiasm is a must.
- Make guests feel welcomed and appreciable.
- This job included taking care of trash, wiping down tables/chairs, and assisting the guests with questions and/or concerns during their visit.
- Must be friendly and outgoing and able to work in a loud environment.
- All bartenders MUST have an Indiana Temporary Bartender Permit.
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds, good customer service a plus. Selling ice, pop and water to food vendors and all interdepartmental area.
- You will need to be able and willing to deliver the product using a hand cart.
- Help with set up and tear down of Festival Plaza, Headwaters Park, International Village, Bed Race and Raft Race.
- Assist with electrical connections, mobile display placement, forklift and scissor lift experience helpful.
- Lots of variety and physical activity.
Mascot and helper
- Mascot or helper at various events throughout festival.
- Mascot must be able to walk and communicate silently through a full bodied costume. Some events will during hot weather so you must be able to handle heat and communicate with your helper if you need to take a break. Mascots can take a break every 20 minutes.
- Helper with guide the mascot thought crowds and uneven surfaces.
Office Volunteer (Group positions available)
- Assist with general office tasks at the Three Rivers Festival Office.
- Answering phones, filing, copying, sorting, data entry, laminating, selling tickets and greeting office guests.
- Set up parade VIP area and judges stand.
- Parade Marshalls: Assisting parade participants to their assigned location on the mapped parade route.
- Parade Pacers: Walk along the parade and ensure floats/entries are keeping pace.
- Must have your own equipment. Use your camera or video to capture the atmosphere of the festival. Certain events have selected that pictures are a must.
- Take pictures of people facing forward, no backsides, we want to see people in action and in crowds. The festival will use these photos and clips for marketing and other resources.
- Please make sure to sign a photo and video release form. Forms must be submitted to the office prior to festival.
- Help with registration, coordinate rafts in and out of the river ( you will get wet), Help monitor the race along the route.
Safety and Security
- Help keeps guests out of restricted areas. Be the eyes and ears for the Fort Wayne City Police.
- Observe and report activities that may need attention by police.
- Requires a mature, calm and responsible individual. Long periods of standing and walking will be required.
- May be placed in a loud environment.
Sign and Banners (group positions available)
- Assist with hanging banners throughout festival plaza. Must be able to follow a check list and map.
- Assist vendors with load in of merchandise and booth set up. Keep areas clean of trash. Help vendors with packing and load out of merchandise.
- Greet customers.
- Sell concert tickets and/or drink tickets
- Volunteers should have experience handling money, counting change, and experience using a credit card machine.
- Customer service skills, a winning smile and good math skills a plus.
- Reserves will be used to relieve other volunteers for breaks, fill in on shortages, run errand and generally help where needed.
- Must be flexible, able to take directions and make adjustments quickly.
- You will need to be able to pick up trash and wipe off tables, able to hold a temporary serving permit for bartending.
- Need to be able to carry 20 pounds and have good math skills.
- Help with team check in.
- Time keeping.
- Resetting of tables.
- Help with tear down.
Young at Heart Senior Fest
- Great visitors.
- Set up and tear down event.
- Assist with games.
- Assist with serving lunch.